I am sad to report that Kewaskum Public Library will be closing at 5 PM on Tuesday, March 17 until Monday, April 13 or until further notice. This decision was not made lightly, and we feel it is in the best interests of our patrons, staff and the Kewaskum community to follow the CDC’s recommendations.
For the time being, staff will be available Monday through Friday from 10 AM – 4 PM to answer our phones with your questions or concerns at (262) 626-4312. You can also email us at Kewaskum@monarchlibraries.org
The following changes regarding your library account has gone into effect:
- All due dates on items checked out at Kewaskum Public Library have been extended to Wednesday, April 15. Do not feel obligated to return your items until then. The outside drop boxes will remain unlocked for now, but we cannot guarantee we will have staff regularly emptying them.
- Library card expiration dates that have fallen between March 1, 2020 and April 15, 2020 has been changed to an expiration date of May 1, 2020. This is to allow expanded use of our collection of digital resources. If your card is expired and you cannot access digital content, please call us.
- Items on the hold shelf will be held through April 15, 2020. You can still partake of our curbside service but if that doesn’t work for you, we will keep your items on the hold shelf through Wednesday, April 15.
- We will be providing curbside delivery of your holds through Monday, March 23. Through Monday, March 23 will be offering curbside pickup of holds. To take part in this service:
- You must have received notice that your requested items are available for pickup before calling. A limit of 20 items may be picked up with only one per day allowed.
- Your account must be in good standing (no fines over $5) and your card must not be expired.
- This service is available from 10 am to 4 pm Monday – Friday but hours and days are subject to change.
To request curbside pickup:
- Place items on hold as you normally would. You may use our online catalog, Monarch2Go app, call the library or visit the circulation desk.
- When you receive a notice that your item(s) are ready for pickup, call the library at (262) 626-4312 to let us know when you will be coming in. You will be asked your library card number, name and title of items on hold.
- Come to the library to pick up your holds. Give us a call that you are here. A staff member will bring your checked-out items to your vehicle. Be prepared to show your library card or photo ID.
- Fines will be waived if the charge falls within the dates of March 17, 2020 and April 13, 2020 on items checked out at Kewaskum Public Library.
- Delivery service between libraries will be suspended as of March 18, 2020. This means that if you have a hold from another location, it will not be shipped here until the delivery service is reestablished. Holds will not be filled until delivery service is reestablished and the library reopens.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this trying time. Be sure to check out our large collection of digital resources here https://www.kewaskum.lib.wi.us/ebooks that you can access at home.
Lori Kreis, Library Director
Kewaskum Public Library