Now Playing at Kewaskum Public Library! Come and check out Disney Pixar’s exciting movie Cars 3! Tuesday, November 14th at 4:30pm!!
Kewaskum Public Library Library Assistant
SALARY: $9.01/HR ($9.10 starting Jan 1st)
Hours: 9/10 HRS per WK
The Kewaskum Public Library is looking for a friendly library lover to join our staff! Under the supervision of senior staff perform public service work serving library users directly and indirectly.
The Library Assistant position, which is part-time and includes some Saturdays, is not eligible for benefits.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direct assistance to library users at the circulation desk in person or by phone, including checking items in and out; assistance meeting information needs; assisting with public computers and OPACs, registering library users and collection of fines; emptying book drop, reader’s advisory.
- Perform opening and closing procedures.
- Complete pick lists
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from patrons 2. Ability to follow detailed directions 3. Ability to use computers, telephone, copiers, fax machines and other library equipment properly 4. Ability to work independently, organize and prioritize work, respond to varied/changing work demands and make decisions as required
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to maintain and foster cooperative and courteous working relationship with the public, peers and supervisors 7. Keyboarding and filing ability 8. Working knowledge of library methods and procedures
Physical Demands of the Position
- Ability to work in confined spaces 2. Bending/twisting and reaching 3. Far vision at 20 feet or further; near vision at 20 inches or less 4. Fingering: keyboarding, writing, filing sorting, shelving and processing 5. Handling: processing, picking up and shelving library materials 6. Lifting and carrying: 50 pounds or less 7. Mobility: travel to meetings, workshops and conferences outside library 8. Sitting, standing, walking, climbing and stooping 9. Talking and hearing: use of the telephone
Environmental Working Conditions
- Evening and some weekend hours 2. Mostly inside work environment
- Audiovisual equipment, book cart, calculator, cash drawer, internet computer, computer work station, copy machine, printer, fax, telephone
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent 2. Computer knowledge, keyboarding, good communication skills 3. Some library experience desired, but not necessary
Please drop off or email Resume/Cover to Letter Emily Goad (Director): email@example.com
Call: 262-626-3622 with any questions!