The Kewaskum Public Library is part of the Monarch Library System consisting of libraries in Dodge, Ozaukee, Sheboygan and Washington counties. See a list of libraries here. All Kewaskum and other Monarch cardholders have access to the collections of all member libraries through the online catalog. Log in with your library card number and PIN # to place holds, renew materials, and review your account. If you don’t know your PIN#, please contact the library and we will be happy to provide it for you.
- To place a hold on a book, movie, audiobook, magazine or music cd, all you need is your library card. You can use a card from ANY library in the Monarch Library System to place holds. If you do not have a library card, please call us at 626-4312 and we can make a temporary card for you so you can place holds.
- Our online catalog is open to you 24 hours a day / 7 days a week. Click here to access the Monarch catalog.
- In the Monarch catalog, click on the “Log in” link in the upper right hand corner.
- This will open a log in window. Type in your library card number (with no spaces) and your PIN (should be the last 4 digits of your phone number). If you do not know your PIN, please call the library.
- To find a book or movie, search by title. To find a music cd, search by author, with the band’s name as author. You will be able to narrow your search further on the next screen.
- You will most likely get more than one “hit” for the title you entered. Some of them are the book we want, but in several different formats (paperback, hardcover, audiobook, large print, ebook, etc.). If you only want the book version, you can select “book” under the “Format” box in left hand column. Then click “Include”. This will narrow your search to only books with that title.
- When you have found the item you want, simply click the blue “Place Hold” box.
- If you want more information about the item, click the title (it is green and bolded).
- A box will pop up that will give you more information about the item: which libraries own it, whether it is checked out, reviews, a synopsis, and more. If this is indeed the item you want, click the blue “Place Hold” button.
- Because you have already logged in, you will not have to type in your number again. You will have to verify that you want your hold placed, and tell Monarch which library to send the item to (choose Kewaskum).
- The next box that pops up will tell you if your hold has gone through or not. If it is successful, it will tell you so; if you have not been successful, it should tell you the reason (for example if your card is expired or something).
- When you click “OK”, you will be able to go back and search for more items and place more holds. Have fun! Remember to give us a call or email us if you have any questions!